Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Story Time...



Now, this is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
Straight from my lawn
To how I became the prince of a town called Eleon


In west Calgary born and raised
Uvic was where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
And all writing some essays outside of school
When a couple GRS students, up to no good
Started talking archeology, no one understood
I got in one little debate knew I was gone

Mom said 'You're diggin’ with your professors in Eleon’ 

I begged and pleaded with her day after day
But she packed my suitcase and sent me on my way
She gave me a shovel and then she gave me my ticket.
I pulled out Herodotus and said, 'I might as well kick it'.


Sandy beaches, yo this is bad
Drinking ouzo out of a champagne glass.
Is this what Boeotia be living like?
Hmmmmm this might be alright.

But wait I hear there’s hard work, real labour, working the lands
Is this the type of place that will have use of my soft hands?
I don’t think so
But I’m already gone
I hope they’re prepared for the prince of Eleon

I whistled for a cab and when it came near
The license plate said φρέσκο and it had a kombolói hanging on the mirror
If anything I could say that this cab far from rare
But I thought 'Nah, forget it' - 'Yo, homes to Eleon’

Well, the pickaxe landed and when it came out
There was a Mycenaean sherd that flew out
I ain't trying to find this era yet!
I just got through the first locus here
I sprang with the quickness like lightning, on to the next tier


I pulled up to the Mamoni’s about 6 or 7
And I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo homes smell ya later' 
I looked at my main dog Ryan
It was just about dawn
Time to dig up the throne for the Prince of Eleon


No comments:

Post a Comment